|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
My Con Photo Workflow - Part 1(A photo collage with screenshots will supplement this text once completed, and will have fewer text)
Part 1: Before and During a Convention
This 2-part tutorial shows how my cosplay photos get published, from planning before a con to the post-processing work that goes after. It's intended for both cosplay photographers (cos photogs) and cosplayers wanting to do private cosplay photoshoots at anime cons in a similar manner as I do.
There are basically 5 elements that contribute to a great cosplay photo:
1. The cosplayer's costume: Made by the cosplayer or any other person
2. The cosplayer's pose: Controlled by the cosplayer, but can be directed by the cos photog or another person
3. Scene lighting: Almost uncontrollable in bright environments (outdoors daytime), partially or completely controllable in darker places
4. Framing & composition: Controlled almost entirely by the cos photog, and minimally by the cosplayer (body part or prop positioning)
5. Post-processing: Done by the
Keep in Touch!
^Nyx-Valentine arrived in our community and started whipping everyone into a frenzy with her relentless desire to bring the Artistic Nude and Fetish galleries to the fore. 9 years later, and it's safe to say that Nyx is not only a leader as a photographer in these galleries, but she has also established herself as a much saught after model. ^... Read More